The start


We have officially started the next leg of our journey down the Portugal coast.  I'm not sure more could of gone wrong in two days, with the wind and waves in front of us, we were beating the entire way.  I snapped off the bottom of the table when I fell on it, the dinghy smashed the wind and to bits, and the parts of the uninstalled wind generator caused it to leak every where in the boat.  We did arrive safe and sound though! Oh, did I mention we probably fried the engine and have to rebuild it?  I'll write a longer write up when we arrive in the canaries before we cross the Atlantic.


4 comments:

  1. Fried the engine sounds expensive ,,forget to open seacock ? Going to windward is always a bummer and hard work as well ! Look forward to seeing further reports ! Good luck,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) ! 800 euro for a new piston! Ran great for a day, now a valve spring has broke..... guess I'll replace them all swell. Here goes another 800 euro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn Bro! Where ya at now? Hows your girl and dog holding up and you?

      Delete